BAM Trading Services Inc., a Delaware corporation ("BAM, " doing business as "Binance US"), operates the "BAM Platform", a Digital Assets trading platform, at https://www.binance.us. BAM respects and protects the privacy of visitors to our website and our customers who use our services. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have respective meanings given to such terms in the User Agreement.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you create an account or use BAM Services, we may collect the following types of information to meet our legal obligations: your name, date of birth, social security number, drivers' license number, other personal ID number, address, phone, email, and bank account details and/or credit card numbers. BAM will use this information to fulfill your requests and provide the relevant Services.
- If you seek permissions to raise Digital Asset withdrawal limits associated with your BAM Account, we may require you to provide additional information which we may use in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity, source of funds, and address, and/or to manage risk as required under applicable law. This information may include your date of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, or other personal information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
- Whenever you contact us or respond to our communications (e.g., email, telephone, written), we receive your contact information and any other personal information you choose to provide us. BAM will use such information to fulfill your requests or to provide services.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted user terms.
- To process transactions and send notices about your transactions.
- To verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases.
- To send administrative or account-related information to you.
- To enforce our agreements with third parties.
- To resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- For quality control and staff training.
- To enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks.
- To provide you with BAM Services and customer support that you request.
- To better understand our customers and end-users and the way they use and interact with BAM Services.
- To provide a personalized experience, and implement the preferences you request.
- To customize, measure, and improve BAM Services and the content and layout of our website and applications.
- To deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences (where this in accordance with the law).
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization, in each case at no cost to you, by contacting us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SOURCES
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third party sources as required or permitted by applicable law, such as public databases, credit bureaus and ID verification partners. We obtain information about you from public databases and ID verification partners for purposes of verifying your identity. ID verification partners use a combination of government records and publicly available information about you to verify your identity. Such information includes your name, address, job role, public employment profile, credit history, status on any sanctions lists maintained by public authorities, and other relevant data. We obtain such information to comply with our legal obligations, such as anti-money laundering, sanctions enforcement and counter-financing of terrorism laws. In some cases, we may process additional data about you based on public interest grounds to ensure our Services are not used fraudulently or for other illicit activities.
WHY WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
- To comply with our legal obligations, such with to comply with one or more forms of “travel rules” that require our transmitting of your personal information to another financial institution.
- We share your information with third-party identity verification services to prevent fraud and deny service to persons presenting an unacceptable level of money laundering or terrorism financing risks. This allows BAM to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used solely in connection with provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services.
- We may share your information with service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else.
- We share your information with financial institutions with which we partner to process payments you have authorized.
- We may share your information with companies or other entities that we plan to merge with or be acquired by or sell assets to, including in any insolvency proceeding. You will receive prior notice of any change in applicable policy.
- We may share your information with law enforcement, and officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our Terms of Service or any other applicable policies.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store our customers' personal information securely throughout the life of the customer's BAM Account. BAM will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
COLLECTION & USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We receive and store certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with our website or use the Services. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity directly but may include information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, operating system version, web-browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and your Internet Protocol (IP) address/MAC address/device identifier. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including pages accessed and links clicked. We may use these identifiers to recognize you when you arrive at the Site via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third-party site, or to recognize devices under common control for anti-fraud and compliance purposes.
CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not knowingly request of collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, BAM will require the user to close his or her account and will not allow buying or selling virtual currencies. We will also take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 18 using our Services so we can act to prevent access to our Services.
HOW TO CONTACT US
[Last revised: September 18, 2019]